Job Title: Good Food Crew+
Work Location: 600 East Putnam Ave. Cos Cob, CT
Mike’s Organic partners with small farmers, fishermen, artisans and producers to deliver high-quality organic food and products. Mike’s is more than a market–it’s about a mission to help change the way we grow, purchase and connect with our food. To make it fun and informative to shop for it. To build a healthier and more sustainable food system by educating consumers about not only the products on the shelves, but the people behind them. To treat each other with respect and understanding. To help provide access to those who are unable to put healthy food on their tables.
We are seeking a friendly and outgoing grocery associate to join our growing team. As a Good Food Crew member, you will be responsible for stocking shelves, checking inventory levels, bagging merchandise and providing outstanding customer service. Our market often experiences high volume during peak hours, so we’re seeking candidates who can work well while interacting with customers and efficiently completing their assigned tasks.
Position Summary: The Good Food Crew is the face of Mike’s Organic! They interact with customers, help them find items, check out quickly, and ensure the shelves are full, stocked and looking their best.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process transactions at checkout, including accepting payment from customers and counting money.
- Assist in opening and closing procedures, including starting up and shutting down the registers, counting cash and locking up the building
- Provide timely and courteous customer service by answering questions about products, services, and store policies both in person and over the phone.
- Field customer concerns and complaints; proactively to find a solution with manager support.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of check-out area.
- Maintain organization of stockroom.
- Manage proper rotation of all inventory, including back-stock.
- Conduct physical counts of inventory.
- Ensure cleanliness and health-code compliance in all product storage and receiving areas.
- Clean and sanitize assigned area, including sweeping, mopping and dusting.
- Stock items in the store according to Company guidelines.
- Maintain trash cans throughout shift and remove waste and boxes at the end of each shift to proper receptacles.
- Innovate ways to improve processes and protocols.
- Assist with other projects, as assigned.
- Model the values of Mike’s Organic.
Qualifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Positive, friendly disposition
- Work effectively in a team environment by being adaptable and willing to help others when your job is done
- Committed to strong communication with your retail team
- Professional appearance; dress in accordance with safety standards and uniform requirements
- Experience using a point of sales checkout system in a retail environment preferred
- Able to work comfortably with retail and inventory management systems
- Expert at multitasking and balancing day to day employee support needs
- Ability to handle to shift priorities and manage interruptions throughout your day with ease
- Early morning, evening and weekend availability preferred
- Availability to work holidays as needed
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Spend up to 2hrs per day in a walk-in fridge or freezer, which is a confined space that varies from 0 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit
- Some work duties may be performed outdoors
- Stand and walk for an entire shift
- Repetitive motion, pulling, pushing, lifting and moving heavy containers up to 50 lbs.
- Move safely through all areas of the facility, climbing up and down stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Pay and Benefits:
- Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- Employee discounts at Mike’s Organic
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Referral bonus program